SAFOG Education Committee Report
- 17/08/2021: Elected as chairperson for Education Committee SAFOG on
- 26/09/2021: Action plan meeting of Committee Chairs with Exec Board & Advisors
- 10/10/2021: Webinar 1: ‘Teaching techniques in medical education’
- 16/11/2021: Committee meeting
- 11/03/2022: Committee meeting
- 26/06/2022: Webinar 2: ‘Evidence Based Medicine: what it is and what it is not’
- 24/07/2022: Webinar 3: ‘PCOS management’, in collaboration with ‘Endocrinology Committee’ of SAFOG
- 28/9/22 – 1/10/22 Represented the committee at SAFOG managing committee meeting at annual SAFOG conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Prof. Haleema Yasmin
Dr. Mangala Dissanayake
Dr. Yam Prasad Dwa
Prof. Salma Rouf
Members planning and activities
- Planning a study on Cesarean Section
Conducted 2 sessions of inter-professional teams in patient safety.
- Especially safe injection practices and infection prevention.
- Nurses, doctors, theatre technician attended the sessions.
Analysis of Cases according to Robson Ten group classification system (TGCS) at Dhaka Medical College Hospital, 1/1/2021- 31/12/2021
- Bangladesh Mentorship Program - Labour Ward Protocol
Professor Malik Goonewardene
- Conducted four (4), full day workshops on “Research Methodology, Scientific Writing and Development of Research Proposals” for Post Graduate Trainees in Obst and Gynae ( n=35)
- Conducted two ( 2) half day workshops on “Basic Statistical Analyses” for Post Graduate Trainees inObst and Gynae ( n=35)
- Lecture on “The Dissertation for the MD Obst & Gynae Degree of the PGIM Colombo” for Post Graduate Trainees in Obst and Gynae ( n=35)
- All these were at the request of the Post Graduate Institute of Medicine University of Colombo and I don’t think they could be included in the report
Represented the committee at annual SAFOG conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka (28/9/22 – 1/10/22)
Presented a paper on ‘Perimenopausal Bleeding – Role of Hysteroscopy’ 30/9/22
Participated as Operating faculty in live training workshops at
- 9/11/22, Operating faculty in a live ‘Cesarean Section and PPH’ (4 cases) surgical workshop at Institute of Ob/Gyn (IOG), Chennai, Tamilnadu
- 25/11/22 Operating faculty in a live ‘Cesarean Section and PPH’ (3 cases) surgical workshop at Godhra, Gujarat
- 5/12/22 Interactive online lecture on ‘role of Hysteroscopy in managing AUB’ for trainees of Endoscopy Certificate Course conducted by ‘Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynecology’.
- 9/12/22 Operating faculty in a live ‘Endoscopy Surgeries’ (3 cases) surgical workshop at Institute of Ob/Gyn (IOG), Chennai, Tamilnadu
- 25/12/22 Operating faculty in a live ‘Hysteroscopy Surgeries’ (3 cases) hands on training workshop at Vadodara, Gujarat